Tuesday, March 8, 2016

No Kidding, Interuppted...


I keep telling myself (in my head, that is) that I MUST start writing again. Of course, then I find a reason to do something else. Occasionally, it is something totally worthwhile. Periodically, it may even be momentous occasions that distract me from my goal, but more often than not, it's something completely and totally trivial. I may need a nap. (Who am I kidding... I LOVE NAPS!) Perhaps there has been a TV series that I'm not completely caught up on. Perhaps my ADD has kicked into high gear, and I actually sit down to write but then forget what my topic was going to be...or start a sentence and remember that I forgot to start dinner, or forgot to stop the timer on something. In the end, excuses are excuses, and I need to get back in gear.

Those of you who know me, ok, all of you know that my sweet man had a spinal cord injury three years ago and that last year, well... last year sucked, to put it mildly. We thought he was regressing, the doctors had not a clue (someday soon I'll write a fabulous story about the importance of being an advocate for your loved one that requires intensive medical care) and we were clueless as to where our life was headed.

Isn't it amazing that after witnessing miracle after miracle, watching our sovereign God work in unexplainable ways, that your trust in Him can still waver when you're in the thick of it? I was swallowed up in depression, as was my man. He very literally could have died. Doctors thought he was in neurogenic shock. Want a real heart-stopper? Google that mess while you're sitting in an ER with your man. Lucky for me, I had a senior pastor that googled it on my behalf and sent me a text telling me not to.

I am lucky and grateful to have friends that love me enough to make me aware of when I'm having a pity party. They encourage me in my faith. They remind me of where we've been and what we've overcome. They smack me around a bit to help me get my head on straight.

Last week, I finally started the process of getting off medications that helped me cope with the last three years. It's time. It's time for a lot of things. Time for me to get the extra 40-50 pounds off my hind end. Time for me to live abundantly again. Time to be free of any bindings I may have allowed myself to be trapped by. Time to remember that my identity should be wrapped up in Jesus, and not in my junk. Time to hit Reset again, as many times as is necessary going forward. So on that note...

*reset*



No comments:

Post a Comment